Saturday, 22 July 2017
Tuesday, 11 July 2017
Smokey Roasted Sweet Potatoes :)
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.)
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp smoked paprika
⅛ tsp garlic powder
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
¼ tsp salt
Freshly cracked pepper (10-15 cranks of a pepper mill)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Wash and peel the sweet potatoes, then cut them into ⅛-inch thick slices.
In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
Place the sweet potato slices in a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil over top. Sprinkle the spice mix over the sweet potatoes, then toss until the potatoes are evenly coated in oil and spices.
Arrange the seasoned sweet potato slices in a casserole dish, stacked in a row like a deck of cards. They don't have to be perfect.
Cover the dish with foil and roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and let cook for an additional 15 minutes. Test the sweet potatoes with a fork for doneness. If they're still firm, allow them to roast for an additional 10-15 minutes. If they become too brown during that time, simply cover the dish with foil to prevent further browning.
Made by @budgetbytes
Saturday, 8 July 2017
Grilled Bruschetta Chicken :)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness (1 inch or less)
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (OR ¼ teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, and dried thyme)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
4 slices mozzarella cheese
tomato basil topping
3 roma tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper, to taste
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
In a large bowl combine chicken, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and black pepper. Stir to combine and coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
Grill chicken over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
While chicken is cooking, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, salt and pepper, lemon juice, and basil and stir well.
Once chicken is cooked through, top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cook for about 1 minute longer until cheese is melty.
Top chicken with tomato basil topping and serve immediately.
Made by @cremedelacrumb1
Thursday, 6 July 2017
Chicken salad cucumber cups :)
Ingredients (Makes about 30-35 pieces):
5 cups organic chicken, cooked and shredded
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1/2 cup unsweetened raisins
2 celery stalks, minced
2 tbsp chives, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste
Minced walnuts, to top
3-4 large cucumbers, cut in 1/4-1/2 inch pieces
For the homemade mayo:
1 1/4 cup of avocado oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 organic egg
1/2 tsp mustard powder
Dash of salt .
1) For the mayo - In a food processor first pour 1/4 of the oil, egg and mustard powder. Blend well then very slowly add in the remaining oil (the slower you pour the oil the thicker it will be). Lastly add in the lemon juice and a dash of salt.
2) In a large bowl mix together the chicken, mayo, mustard, raisins, celery and chives. Add in salt and pepper to taste as desired.
3) I used a potato peeler for the cucumbers for the skin then cut them in 1/2 inch pieces and using a teaspoon I gently scooped out the seeds, but make sure to not make a hole in the bottom.
4) Fill the cucumber cups with the chicken salad mixture then top with minced walnuts.
SO MANY REASONS WHY......#getmetafit #metafit #metafit #metabenefits
1. Get a quick burn in: We are all busy, and we are programmed to love efficiency. The faster the better, and that is exactly what Metafit delivers. Burn the calories of a standard workout in half the time with high-intensity exercises.
2. Burn more calories: When you push yourself to your limits, your heart rate stays elevated even when you are recovering. Which means to continue to burn calories at a faster rate than normal. Your metabolic rate increases and you burn calories far faster than a consistent intensity workout. This translates to more fat loss and a fitter, faster you.
3. Teach your body to cope with little recovery: The foundation of Metafit is to push yourself to a non-maintainable level of intensity, so you depend on recovery time. Never allow yourself to get back to resting, with this format of workout, your HR and RPE (rate of perceived exertion) increase as sets go by, and pace remains constant due to the partial recovery. You train your body to work through fatigue.
4. Work your heart: By pushing your heart to a higher BPM you get the same cardio benefits without taking as long to do it. Your heart will get in better shape than performing strength training alone, and you will reduce your risks for heart problems later in life.